Read this recipe in Aulacese
Read this recipe in Chinese
Preparation time: 10 minutes
The almonds in this dressing are an excellent source of vitamin E, while the flaxseeds are very high in fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. During the Middle Ages, flaxseeds were commonly used in cereals and breads. Omega-3 fatty acids are increasingly being recognized as important to human health. They are a form of polyunsaturated fats, and are one of four basic types of fat that the body derives from food. They have been shown to play a part in keeping cholesterol levels low, stabilizing irregular heart beat, and reducing blood pressure.
This recipe is very fast to prepare and easy to make with a handheld blender. Within a few minutes, a delicious and healthy salad plate can be served for family of four.
- 4 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar (or 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar + 2
Tablespoons balsamic vinegar)
- 3-5 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 20 almonds
- 3-4 teaspoons ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons agave nectar, sugar, maple syrup, or other sweetener
- Crushed black pepper, basil and thyme to taste
Almond, olive oil, vinegar, flaxseeds and other spices
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and shredded
- 1 cup cauliflower (blanched in boiling water for 2 minutes)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced cucumber
Place all dressing ingredients except herbs in a blender and blend until smooth. Add herbs and mix well. Place all of the salad ingredients in a in a big bowl. Pour the dressing mixture over the salad and stir well.
Variations and Comments
- In USA and Canada, there is a little handheld blender called Magic Bullet which does a excellent job of blending seeds very fast and easy, especially flaxseeds. A coffee grinder or very dry blender can also be used to grind the flaxseeds.
- Flaxseeds can be ground and mixed with soy milk as an good choice for a healthy life style.
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed, freshly and finely ground and 3 Tablespoons water can be used as an egg replacer in many recipes.
Back to Main