- 1 bag (12 oz.) frozen vegetarian ground beef
(Morningstar Farm Grillers Burger Style Recipe Crumbles or any brand,
available in the health food section)
oz vegan sour cream (or see recipe below)
can (20 oz) pinto beans, drained (or vegetarian refried beans)
cups cheddar-style vegan cheese, shredded
head iceberg lettuce, shredded
large tomatoes, diced
green onions, sliced thin
oz can sliced black olives
raw white mushrooms, sliced thin and chopped
package dry taco seasoning mix (1.25 oz)
Tablespoons chili powder
bottle taco sauce (16 oz)
bag tortilla chips (9 oz)
- In a skillet placed on medium-high heat, add 1 cup
water, chili powder and taco seasoning. Blend well and bring to a boil.
Add vegetarian ground beef, stir well to coat and simmer over low heat
for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Spread mixture over a large platter to form the
- Spread the sour cream over the top to form the
- Make the next layer by spreading the pinto or
refried beans on top of sour cream.
- Put the shredded lettuce on top of the beans to
- Garnish the lettuce with tomatoes, olives,
mushrooms and onions.
- Top off with shredded cheese.
with the tortilla chips and add taco sauce if desired.
Vegan Sour Cream:
You can find non-dairy sour cream in some grocery and natural food
stores; however, you can make your own vegan sour cream as well.
- 2 cups firm silken tofu
- ¼ cup oil
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
Blend all ingredients until smooth.