- 1 pound (about ½ kg) tofu*, cut into
- 2 Tablespoons canola
- ½ cup green bell pepper, cut in small
- 1 stalk celery, sliced
- ½ can (or 4 oz.) water chestnuts
- 4 stalks scallion, chopped in short pieces
- 1 small ginger root, about 5 cm (2 inches),
thinly sliced or shredded
- ½ teaspoon tapioca starch*
- 1 Tablespoon spring water
- ¼ cup sliced roasted
- 4 Tablespoons soy sauce (can use
Healthy Boy brand)*
- 1 teaspoon minced sweet
- 1 Tablespoon
- Marinate tofu cubes in the marinade
sauce for about 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat 1 Tablespoon canola oil in a frying
pan and stir-fry the marinated tofu using rapid movements until the tofu turns
partially golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Using the same pan, add in the
remaining canola oil, bell pepper chunks,
sliced celery chunks, water chestnuts, chopped scallion, and shredded ginger.
Stir-fry for about 5 minutes.
- Mix the tapioca starch and water together.
- When all vegetables are partially
cooked, stir in the soy sauce and the tapioca starch mixture until the sauce
- Then add in the
stir-fried tofu and the roasted almonds. Stir well. Season to taste.
with hot rice. This dish is rich in protein.