Yields 6 servings
Preparation time: 30
Austin Center, USA
Ohio Center, USA
- 2 medium packages of thin spaghetti noodles
canola oil (or 2 Tablespoons butter)
- 2 bell peppers, diced
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- ½ package vegetarian chicken nuggets**
- ¼ package vegetarian shrimp**,
- ¼ stick vegetarian "ham"**,
- 5 big oyster mushrooms*,
- ½ can straw mushroom*,
cut in 4 pieces
- ½ can golden colored mushroom*,
cut in small chunks
Available in Asian markets
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 small cans (8 oz.) tomato
spaghetti sauce (prefer Ragu brand)
Available in Asian markets, the
health food stores,
or from http://www.vegecyber.com.
- Using a saucepan or a cooking pot,
cook the spaghetti noodles in boiling water for about 10 minutes. Remove the
noodles from the heat and rinse with cold water to remove the stickiness. Mix
the noodles with some canola oil or butter to make them fragrant and shiny.
- Place a pot on the stove; add 5 Tablespoons water, then the bell pepper.
Bring the water to a boil with medium heat. Transfer to a bowl.
- Pour 1 Tablespoon canola oil into the pot, and stir-fry the veggie chicken
nuggets, the veggie shrimp, and the vegetarian “ham” chunks until golden brown.
- Add all the mushrooms and the bell peppers. Then add 5 Tablespoons water.
- When they are cooked, add the soy sauce and the spaghetti sauce. Mix well. Keep
the pot covered on low heat.
dish is both very suitable for young people and
Return to Main Menu