Read this recipe in Aulacese
Serves 2 - 4
Read this recipe in
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Recipe & photography: Oregon Center
Thai Wrap is a healthy and nutritious lunch that is simple to make.
- 1 teaspoon vegetarian mushroom sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- 4 vegetarian chicken patties (or 4 servings, 12 oz of soy chicken)
- 4 flour tortillas (make sure ingredients are vegetarian)
- 2 cups seasoned white rice: To season the rice, add to water when cooking 1 teaspoon natural vegetarian seasoning + 1 teaspoon soy sauce + 1 teaspoon ketchup
- Thai peanut sauce: Combine ½ cup hot water + 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter + 2 teaspoon Hoisin sauce + ⅛ teaspoon red curry paste. Mix until dissolved.
- 4 teaspoons roasted crushed peanuts
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves, washed and drained well
- 1 orange or other fresh fruit for garnish; 4 wisdom cookies (optional)
- Prepare seasoned rice and Thai peanut sauce; set aside.
- In a shallow dish, mix 1 teaspoon vegetarian mushroom sauce, ½ teaspoon sugar, and a pinch of ground black pepper. Sprinkle mixture over the patties, set aside for 1 minute. Pour olive oil into a skillet and heat. Place the patties in the skillet to grill. When they turn golden brown, remove from heat. Cut each patty into 4 pieces.
- Place 4 tortillas in a damp towel and microwave on high for 40 seconds to soften; then place on a clean cutting board.
- Spoon ½ cup seasoned rice to cover the first tortilla. Press the rice down to flatten it. Place 4 grilled veggie chicken pieces on top of the rice.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of Thai peanut sauce and 1 teaspoon of peanuts on top. Lastly, add a piece of romaine lettuce.
- Roll the wrap, insert one party toothpick on each end, and cut the wrap in half.
- Repeat steps 4-6 for the remaining 3 tortillas.
- Place each wrap on a nice plate with a slice of sweet orange or your favorite fruit for garnish. You can add a wisdom cookie for a final touch. Thai Wrap, your healthy and delicious lunch, is ready to be served!
Back to Main